ONBOARDING

I’ve just been hired. Can I start work now?

If you’ve done your onboarding appointment to complete new-hire paperwork and are cleared by your supervisor to begin, you may start work. However, if there’s a short time between your onboarding
appointment and your start date, your job record and employee ID may not be setup in UCPath yet, so there may be delays in your access to the UCPath Online Portal and online timekeeping systems.

Is my effective date/start date that is on my new hire clearance checklist, the day I need to appear at work? 

Please confirm with your Supervisor when and where to appear for your first working day. Your effective date/start date is the day in UCPath in which your employment is effective.

Where do I go to complete my I-9 Section 2 on campus? 

Make sure you are registered for an A.S. Onboarding Session via Shoreline. At the time of your selected event, please go to Associated Students Main Office, Second Floor – NATI Conference Room.
https://www.as.ucsb.edu/contact/office-locations/ 

I don’t have my I-9 documents, what should I do?

You will need to retrieve your documents. Either pick them up the next time you are able to, or have them shipped overnight to you via USPS, UPS, FedEdx.

Is a fax or copy of my document acceptable?
No. You will need to retrieve your documents. Either pick them up the next time you are able to, or have them shipped overnight to you via USPS, UPS, FedEdx.

Can my I-9 be completed with a remote verifier? 

Yes. If you are not on campus, please let us know and we can start the remote verification process.

Why can’t I log in to UCPath?

● You should be able to log in to UCPath on your start date.
● UCPath has not completed hire transaction.
● UCPath completed your hire, but needs 24 hours to update.
● Mismatch name from official record name to netID. Use your UCSB Net ID name.